Although our mockups and scene creators were created with and for Adobe Photoshop, there is a free alternative to customize and edit your mockup. Use our Free Mockup Scene Editor powered by Photopea.
Check out this video for a quick look around of this free, yet powerful Photoshop alternative. For this example, we’re using the Planner Mockup available here.
This guide will show how to move or duplicate an isolated item from a scene creator to a scene or new document in Photoshop, using two different methods.
Continue reading How to move an item from a document to another
Move items within a scene
- Select the Move Tool (v).
- From the toolbar, enable Auto- select and set it up to Group.
- Optional: Enable Show Transform Controls.
Create a scene
- From the scene creator (psd) folder open a PSD in in Photoshop or simply create a new document.
- From the items (psd) folder open a PSD in Photoshop.
- Select an item from the document, click and drag it to your already opened scene- creator.psd document and drop into the document.
- Alternative Method: select an item from the layer panel, right-click > Duplicate Group… select scene-creator.psd as destination.
Add your design
- Open an item group folder from the layer panel in Photoshop.
- Double-click on the smart-object layer and a new document opens to add your design.
- Copy and paste your design or File > Place Embedded… and select your design from your computer and place it in the document.
- Save all changes and close the document. Changes will then be applied to the mockup.
Change Item Color
Items with a (c) can be color edited with a few clicks. Open the item’s folder and double-click on the Change Color (Item) solid color to open the Color Picker panel. Choose your color and hit OK.